Translate

Sunday, June 9, 2013

C4T assignment #1

The blog page I have been assigned for this semester is Reflections of a High School Math Teacher . Mr. Sladkey believes his students should be engaged in the class. If they are engaged in the teaching, the students will learn more. He also has the engagement wheel on his blog, to measure the engagement of the students in a classroom.When leaving a comment, I informed him that I agree with engaging children in  the learning process and gave him an example of something like this that happened in my life.  I also explained to him how I will be applying this technique when I begin my teaching journey.

In Mr. Sladkey's next blog he focuses on the second portion of the student engagement wheel, which is small group interaction. His blog states that small groups help the time pass and also helps students to speak out and ask questions, who otherwise would not speak in regular class settings. student thinking about math

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tonya,

    Your post is missing a couple things. Remember you must have a picture for every post on your blog. Also, your second comment for Mr. Sladkey's post was minimal. Next time, you can copy and paste your comment you left to your teacher into this post so we can see the exact comment you left on a teacher's blog.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does the engagement wheel work? That is the most interesting thing you write about yet we learn nothing about how it works and how you could use it in your classroom.

    Also see Stephen's comment.

    ReplyDelete