Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What are my passions?

my children at the aquariummy children at the beach
I am 27 years old and a single mother to three beautiful children. My passion is reading and I am able to share my passion with my children. I have passed the love of reading down to my oldest child, and it brings me great joy to listen to him read and for him to chose reading over a video game. I live in Citronelle and have always lived in Citronelle. In the beginning of my college life, I was a nursing major. I had completed the first year of clinical nursing classes, when I had to take a break from school after I had my second child, who is now 6. When returning to school in the Spring of 2013, I found that I had to repeat most classes for my degree and decided to switch my major to education. I chose USA because U of M is too expensive for the education that you can get anywhere else for a better price.
I chose the education field because I enjoy learning and I want to be able to help children come to enjoy learning as well. I know what I found to be boring in high school and I want to make things exciting in High School for kids today. I want to be able to make a difference in lives. I want to be able to help teenagers succeed in the world today. I want to teach in public schools because I feel that is where I am needed most. I want to help lower the drop out rate for students who think they cannot succeed and give them a glimmer of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment